Crosby was awake at 5:20 a.m. today. If you're reading this blog you probably already know the hours upon hours I've spent trying to figure out how to get a certain other child in this house to sleep past 5 a.m. But Crosby? Never have I spent one minute thinking about his sleep habits. They're solid. Dependable. Consistent.
But after the day Cros had, I now know why he was up so early.
First of all, he knows plenty of words but will only say one: "Shaw." In addition to Crosby's giggle, it's the best sound he makes. He also has only one mission: to kiss Shaw. So all day I'd hear "Shaw! Shaw!" from Crosby as he lunged toward his brother with a big open mouth. (We're all about brotherly love in this place.)
Second, he's been on the verge of walking for a bit. But today he stood! All by himself! And he was so excited!
Third, he walked. Our wonderful babysitter Madi was here tonight and he took turns walking between us. He was taking about 4 steps on his own before collapsing in my arms. Smiley, proud, walking Crosby.
It was a long but sweet day.
No comments:
Post a Comment